Tuesday, December 16, 2008

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

'Tis the season for giving. So, I'm going to give you a list of my favorite holiday things.
As far as movies go, everyone puts "It's a Wonderful Life" as their favorite Christmas movie. It a classic and I love watching it, but I find "A Christmas Story" far more enjoyable. Perhaps it's because I haven't seen it a thousand times and I can't recite the dialog with the actors (yet).
Television has only one entry. "Merry Christmas Mr. Bean". If you don't laugh until you cry when Bean rescues Baby Jesus or 'puts the turkey on' then you are a soulless robot (Not that that's a bad thing).
As far as reading material is concerned, David Sedaris rules the holidays. His book "Holidays on Ice" is a brilliant collection of Christmas related stories. For classic Sedaris, checkout www.youtube.com for his live reading of "Six to Eight Black Men" set to photos and video.
Audio-wise, the only other thing I can think of is "Chiron Beta Prime" by Jonathan Coulton. A festive Christmas song with a twist. All of his stuff can be found at http://www.jonathancoulton.com/songs/
As far a musical theater goes... Well it's musical theater so it's all crap!
What do you have to offer? Leave a comment and have a great secular holiday season.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. "A Christmas Story" is the winner. I have it on video. Is it on DVD yet?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments civil.